Thursday 17 November 2011

Packing up!

Okay, with only 2 weeks left until we depart for New Zealand, we're starting to sort through things we want take, things we are going to leave here at my mothers and things we're going to bin!

It's a tough choice, but we decided a while ago that we wouldn't go to the expense of hiring a container to ship out our belongings. Instead, my wife has made some extra money by listing the things we didn't want to keep on ebay.

It's clearly easier for us as a family, as we're moving in with my in-laws. But, it's been a great de-clutting experiance and I'm sure we'd have just thrown out most of the things we didn't want, had we'd not been in desperate need of some cash.

Items we're taking include the obvious clothes and personal gadgets, but in saying that, we have to keep the weight down as much as possible for each suitcase. I think we have 30kg allowance in each suitcase and we're going to take 2 large, 1 small.

Other item's we're taking are birth and marriage certificates, medical records and other important documents. I'm sure over the next 2 weeks we'll be adding to this list.

No comments:

Post a Comment