Thursday 17 November 2011

Our New Zealand Adventure

We're moving to New Zealand from London, England on the 30th November and here's where the fun starts! Of course we are a complete mixture of excitement and apprehention right now. However, I'm sure that will pass once we have arrived!

Let me introduce myself. I'm Alan, 36 from Essex, England. I've got a lovely wife, Hannah a New Zealander and a two year old daughter called Madison. We have lived in Essex together for the last two years, but, things are not going too well on the financial front. I have no real career to speak of after flunking exams back when I was at school. Then entering into a failed music career with a band I was in some 10 years ago. In essence, we are living with my retired mother in a very small house and needed space to grow as a family. 

So, how are you funding your emigration to New Zealand, you might ask? Well, I had a small amount of savings, just enough for some 'one-way' tickets to New Zealand. Also, my in-laws are going to let us stay at their house for as long as we need. 

I wanted to start this blog, mainly for something constructive to do while I'm there! However, I hope my adventure inspires you enough to comment and re-visit.

Thanks for visiting and please feel free to bookmark for my regular posts on the trials and tribulations of emigrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment