Saturday 19 November 2011

Our Last Weekend In London!

This weekend is a very special weekend indeed. Our last weekend in London! Although we're leaving for New Zealand on the 30th November, we're spending next weekend 'up north' in Doncaster, Yorkshire, for a close relatives wedding.

Hannah was fluttering around earlier this morning and suggested she's more nervous than I am with the prospect of emigrating to New Zealand. Although I can't quite fathom that, seeing as she's a native! She explained to me that since she's been in the UK for over 12 years, a lot of changes would have taken place and she was in danger of hardly recognising Hamilton. I guess she's got a valid point, however I'm relying on her to get me through the bouts of home sickness that will no doubt creep in at some point.

She's just as apprehensive as I have been recently. Okay, so this doesn't exactly bode well so today we're going to visit some friends and relatives to cheer us both up, and give our daughter, Madison some happy memories of her English home.

What I've noticed over the last couple of months is that our collective moods, as a family, seem to have 'peaks and troughs'. Some of this will no doubt be because we're on a self embossed 'tight budget'.

Clearly though, the majority of these mood swings are, I would say, a natural part of the mental adjustment  that emigration would have on a family unit.

In my next post, I will be discussing the way, we as a family are overcoming these bouts of anxiety. And, how these methods can help you too. As ever, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment