Thursday 17 November 2011

It's not goodbye, it's farewell!

It's hard to look at my parents and sister lately. Mainly because I know that leaving the country for New Zealand will be such a heart wrench for them, hell and me too!

They've grown so close to Madison. It does feel cruel to just up and leave, but I know that it's just the right thing to do. To give my own family a new start! After all, shouldn't my in-laws have the same 'bonding' period that my parents have had?

Anyway, we've just got home from a great evening at the Havering Annual switching on of the Christmas lights. Although I do still find it hard to fathom how one can even begin to feel Christmassy in mid November! On the bus ride home, I turned to my Mum, smiled and said... "Mum, it's not goodbye, it's just farewell".

"If only New Zealand was a bus ride away." was her reply.

Hmmmm she does have a point.

1 comment:

  1. The key thing here is can you afford the plane fares home and do you have enough annual leave in NZ to make it worthwhile?

    ReplyDelete